Thank you for your interest in a career at FHC! As resumes don't always provide the information we desire from applicants, we ask that, in addition to your resume, you also send a completed application. Click the link below to download an application. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open this file. Please e-mail or fax your completed application to email@example.com, or 207-666-8304. We look forward to hearing from you!
FHC, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells microelectrodes and precision instruments for use in clinical neurosurgical procedures and in neuroscience, the study of the brain and nervous system. FHC’s neurosurgery products are used in leading functional neurosurgical centers worldwide. This 43 year old company, with headquarters in Bowdoin, Maine continues to grow and expand its worldwide presence and is seeking to fill the position of Marketing Manager. This exciting new position offers the right individual the opportunity to develop that role and an outstanding opportunity for future growth.
This position will manage and lead the marketing team to develop and implement FHC’s worldwide marketing strategy for selling FHC products, devices as well as technical and training services to neuroscience and neurosurgical markets as well as monitor and analyze customer response, conduct market research to support strategy, develop new concepts, programs and activities for marketing products and/or services offered by FHC, Inc. by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement and continually improve marketing strategy, supported by market research, including branding issues.
- Work to prepare yearly sales forecasts, updated by quarter.
- Develop staff and budget to implement marketing plan.
- Create, schedule, produce (including vendor bids and contracts), distribute and maintain inventories of catalog, sales literature, and labeling materials.
- Maintain and continue development of FHC web site.
- Coordinate, schedule and place space advertising; identify and measure results of placement.
- Monitor customer contact database and generate appropriate reports and actions for marketing and I&D use as well as lists and counts for direct marketing projects.
- Document projects, maintain inventory of photos as well as artwork, and archive files.
- Coordinate participation in trade show and technical meetings, including promotions and follow up, staffing, booth setup (materials, packing and shipping), and group travel plans.
- Maintain competitive files and records.
- Work with sales & technical support to generate customer input and market analysis, including features, benefits, pricing margins and ROI for company product design projects; assist in validating product designs.
- Develop customer outreach programs including quality monitoring of orders as well as sample and demo follow up.
- Generate and distribute new product and other product news releases as well as support inclusion in relevant product guides.
- Assist in performing varied work related tasks as may be required within an entrepreneurial company.
Position requires willingness to work a flexible schedule with frequent extra effort when necessary.
- Supervise and lead the Marketing team.
- Responsible for the performance of outside suppliers contracted to perform services for FHC.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee could occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Some domestic and international travel by commercial carrier or auto is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.
Five years business experience, preferably within a marketing/sales management environment. Marketing and/or communications training or education. Management experience with budgetary responsibilities. Knowledge of various media options including hands-on ability to develop concepts, copy, and presentation alternatives. Good math skills in order to interpret market research data, trends, customer survey results, and to develop logical forecasts based on current sales data.
High level of energy, positive attitude, strong confidence, mature decision making ability, demanding nature for quality and customer service excellence, and a passion for promoting the well-being of the company, its products, its employees, and its customer benefit. Understanding of international markets, including selling, marketing, regulatory, and distribution techniques.
Skilled ability in the use of the English language is requisite in order to develop, communicate, and deliver successful comprehensive marketing programs. Additional language capabilities preferred, not required. Excellent communications skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS and REASONING ABILITY:
Good analytical ability to read and interpret various market research data, sales numbers and trends. Ability to develop working departmental budgets and predict P&L estimates for various marketing proposals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field; prefer a Masters Degree, or commensurate experience within a challenging business environment. Computer literacy is required with expected proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets; basic understanding of layout and design and an ability to understand as well as learn web site software, in order to maintain the current website.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
None at this time.
Professional, tobacco free work environment with a Fitness Center and a Children’s Center onsite. FHC is a growing manufacturing company completely committed to remaining a Maine-based business. Comprehensive benefits include health, dental, life, STD, LTD, Paid Time Off, profit sharing, paid community service time and 401(k).
1201 Main St.
Bowdoin, Maine 04287
How to apply: by Email, by Mail, by Fax
FHC has a unique opportunity available for the right individual to help us establish a branch office in Japan. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and resourceful individual with a PhD. in neurophysiology who is familiar with the techniques and uses of our microelectrode recording and stimulating products. This person will provide technical support to our customers, evaluate customer needs and oversee the day-to-day operation of the business. FHC would prefer someone with a US education, and requires that this individual be fluent in Japanese and English.
We are very excited to continue to grow our business into the Pacific markets and are looking for someone to share this passion. If you are interested, please contact Keri Seitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.