Thank you for your interest in a career at FHC! As resumes don't always provide the information we desire from applicants, we ask that, in addition to your resume, you also send a completed application. Click the link below to download an application. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open this file. Please e-mail or fax your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or 207-666-8304. We look forward to hearing from you!
Director of Business Development: Electrophysiology Products
The Director of Business Development: Electrophysiology Products is within the Customer Collaboration functional group which includes FHC’s Sales, Marketing and I&D departments. FHC’s electrophysiology product group includes both clinical and research electrodes as well as the products and systems used in neural recording and stimulation; those which sort, amplify and store the data and products which support electrophysiology, such as temperature control units, tissue preparation devices and impedance conditioning modules.
This position plans and manages strategies for FHC’s Electrophysiology Products and ensures company-wide excellence in the areas of strategic planning, customer collaboration, internal collaboration, product line growth & profitability, and product development. As “owner” the Director must have a product “vision” for the product family managed that is clearly articulated and which guides decision-making. A level of confidence, willpower and bias for action is required to take timely and decisive action. Position requires willingness to work a flexible schedule with frequent extra effort when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Support FHC’s aggressive plan to achieve a 400% increase in annual revenue to $50M with a after tax income of $6.5M (after profit sharing) and a market cap of at least $700M while operating according to its core values and operating by fiscal year 2019 (ending 6/30/2019). This position is the catalyst for Electrophysiology products contributing $20M (from the current level of $7.2M) towards our $50M goal.
- Create a strategic plan for the product family in conjunction with the sales and marketing functions which is updated routinely according to changing market inputs that includes product pricing & profitability, reimbursement code development (where applicable), and distribution agreements.
- Work closely with FHC’s Innovation Center and Engineering departments, champion electrophysiology product development projects and provide leadership for prioritization of those projects and initiatives associated within the product family.
- Responsible for providing competitive marketing as well as product and manufacturing technology information for development projects while assisting the marketing department in collecting and analyzing that information for existing products in the group and providing feedback for recommended launch plans.
- Be aggressive with analytics for how FHC’s products stack up against competitors. This includes knowing the product’s strengths and weaknesses as compared to others in its class on the market.
- Achieve business objectives as outlined by the Director while working with the sales team to ensure accurate and achievable forecasting.
- Drive customer and partner collaboration to document their product requirements with a focus to define the end user and market inputs. Work with these collaborative relationships through product validation and launch.
- Establish significant relationships with local (Maine and New England) reference customers with whom we’ll collaborate so as to become familiar enough with their use of our products to assist them with routine and special needs for their procedures, both within the research and clinical markets.
- Ensure accurate and complete product family documentation through collaboration with other departments to make it consolidated and accessible.
- Represent FHC at trade shows and special events.
- Document customer, contact and partner information, opportunities, tickets and next actions within the CRM system.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
- Position requires willingness to work a demanding, flexible schedule with frequent extra effort and frequent business travel. This position interacts with international partners and those time commitments may take place outside local time. Established office work hours in the Maine office will be necessary to coordinate with members of Customer Collaboration and other department teams.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None at this time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.
- Must possess exceptional entrepreneurial skills
- Self motivated individual who embraces new or challenging experiences
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to think in long range terms
- Ability to work with others of varied backgrounds and skill sets
- English as primary language
- Have the ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form with internal and external customers.
- Foreign language skills helpful but not required
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
MBA or equivalent education/experience is required. A working knowledge of electrophysiology is preferred.
Please submit application materials to Lori Manson by August 8th, email@example.com.
FHC has a unique opportunity available for the right individual to help us establish a branch office in Japan. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and resourceful individual with a PhD. in neurophysiology who is familiar with the techniques and uses of our microelectrode recording and stimulating products. This person will provide technical support to our customers, evaluate customer needs and oversee the day-to-day operation of the business. FHC would prefer someone with a US education, and requires that this individual be fluent in Japanese and English.
We are very excited to continue to grow our business into the Pacific markets and are looking for someone to share this passion. If you are interested, please contact Keri Seitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.