Thank you for your interest in a career at FHC! As resumes don't always provide the information we desire from applicants, we ask that, in addition to your resume, you also send a completed application. Click the link below to download an application. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open this file. Please e-mail or fax your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or 207-666-8304. We look forward to hearing from you!
Production Technician - Electrodes
The Production Technician is responsible for performing assembly of products using necessary materials and equipment according to Quality System work instructions, work orders, and engineering drawings. This position will require extended periods of time of working with tiny components under a microscope, often requiring repetitive motion movements while soldering and assembling products. Safety is a primary focus while working with various machinery and tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Pull necessary parts from inventory only if needed and following the procedure to account for all items.
- Assemble product, following work and assembly instructions, assuring tolerances are within acceptable range. This may include use of a microscope and will require manual dexterity working with very tiny components for extended periods of time.
- Assure quality of assembled product.
- Participate in continuous improvement training and projects.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. Manual dexterity and fine motor skills are required daily to handle and manipulate very small items repeatedly. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.
- Basic computer skills, blueprint reading and good math skills are desirable.
- Manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Be able to work with a microscope for long periods of time.
- Fine motor skills and pinching tiny objects 50-300 times per day.
- Some repetitive tasks may be worked on for 1 to 4 hours.
Fluent use of verbal and written English. Other languages are beneficial, but not required.
Good general math skills including knowledge of the metric system.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Experience in electro-mechanical assembly or soldering small electronic components is strongly desired. Experience with microscopes preferred.
Please submit application materials to Lori Manson, email@example.com.
FHC has a unique opportunity available for the right individual to help us establish a branch office in Japan. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and resourceful individual with a PhD. in neurophysiology who is familiar with the techniques and uses of our microelectrode recording and stimulating products. This person will provide technical support to our customers, evaluate customer needs and oversee the day-to-day operation of the business. FHC would prefer someone with a US education, and requires that this individual be fluent in Japanese and English.
We are very excited to continue to grow our business into the Pacific markets and are looking for someone to share this passion. If you are interested, please contact Keri Seitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.