Thank you for your interest in a career at FHC! As resumes don't always provide the information we desire from applicants, we ask that, in addition to your resume, you also send a completed application. Click the link below to download an application. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open this file. Please e-mail or fax your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or 207-666-8304. We look forward to hearing from you!
Computer Systems Engineer
FHC is looking for a Computer Systems Engineer to work on the development of its product line targeted at Deep Brain Stimulation applications. In addition to strong design competencies, the CSE will also drive the implementation of next-generation products and solutions through collaboration with customers and analyzing trends in the neuro-modulation industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, validation and design transfer.
- Design layout of complex mixed-signal circuits for applications in neuronal data acquisition, neuro-stimulation and motor control applications.
- Work on development efforts on various DSP and micro-controller platforms.
- Negotiate complex software design requirements with partner companies
- Interpret and ensure application of relevant IEC standards for Electrical-Medical Equipment on products under development.
- Generate new product concepts and production assemblies, leveraging skills with 3D CAD tools.
- Provide field support for FHC products used in the Operating room.
- Provide input on existing and potential opportunities within the neuro-modulation market and work with customers to identify and secure business development opportunities.
- Play a role in the development of effective proposals, presentations and demonstrations on business development opportunities for management.
- Identify technologies to address product needs in the neuro-modulation marketplace while remaining cognizant of the regulatory constraints of the medical device industry.
- Masters Degree or better in the field of Electrical Engineering and/or Biomedical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in position offered or similar position in a regulated industry.
- Experience with mixed signal circuit design and layout.
- Experience with C and C#.
- Experience with the full product design lifecycle from conception through to production.
Please send application materials to HR Manager, FHC, 1201 Main St, Bowdoin, ME 04287.
Procedural and Technical Support Representative
Join us in our satisfying business of changing peoples' lives every day! We will train the right candidate to provide technical and procedural support to doctors as they utilize FHC products in their treatment of patients with neurological disorders. FHC’s products are used in leading functional neurosurgical centers worldwide. Be part of a close-knit team that trains and trouble-shoots issues for internal and external customers.
Greenville Neuromodulation Services (GNS), a wholly owned subsidiary of FHC, Inc. located in northwestern Pennsylvania, fills a need in the rapidly growing neuroscience industry by offering a full range of services for patients and medical professionals involved in the treatment of movement disorders.
GNS provides 24-hour worldwide technical support to physicians, surgical nurses, technicians, and technology representatives who are involved in the industry. GNS offers installation, training, and repair services on a wide variety of neurosurgical tools and also provides services such as internet based support of surgical planning.
SUMMARY: The Procedural and Technical Support Representative is responsible for all aspects of Procedural and Technical support. This position will participate actively in onsite training for physicians and technical people as well as new Procedural Support personnel. This position requires frequent travel in order to provide customer service and meet the technical and training needs of FHC’s customers. Position requires willingness to work a demanding, flexible schedule with frequent extra effort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Provide FHC and other assigned cranial research or clinical manufacturers (clients) with technical support, training, and repair services.
- Work with clients sales personnel for demonstrations and product issue resolution.
- Provide product analysis and research input to clients marketing functions.
- Work on assigned training and product development projects.
- Teaching and training of products and systems to hospital personnel and course attendees
- Work with clients personnel in a manner that appears fluid to the customer.
- Develop training and teaching material as needed for future GNS courses.
- Work with appropriate technology development personnel to develop technical procedural support documents.
- Attends and supports sales and technical services at exhibitions, seminars, and other marketing venues.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to travel when expected
- Scientific mind
- High energy
- Communications skills, written, verbal, and telephone
- Analytical skills
- Computer (PC) literate
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings and with a variety of personalities and job positions.
- The ability to deal and work effectively within stressful situations
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to work with complex electronic equipment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
Bachelors Degree or equivalent, preferably in Bio or Electronic Engineering or Life Sciences
Fluency in verbal and written English is essential. Additional language verbal/written skills are beneficial but not required.
Logical deductive and analytical reasoning
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Upon hire employee will be required to complete a minimum of the following:
Vendor certifications specific to hospital requests this may include, but are not limited to security clearance, drug testing, medical clearance, up to date medical and vaccination records, and written testing of operating room protocol.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds (up to 75 pounds in some travel situations). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this position please visit: