Essential duties and responsiblities include Assist Research Scientists with experiments and manage the micro fabrication lab at Thiel College
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Department: Customer Collaboration
Reports To: I & D Leader
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: August 26, 2016
Prepared By: Kuldeep Rana
Approved By: Melanie Cooper
Approved Date: 2/16/18
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Research Scientists with experiments and manage the micro fabrication lab at Thiel College
- Provide support to Thiel Research Faculty and students for the micro fabrication facility
- Setup experiments
- Perform animal surgery
- Maintain animal facility (procuring and feeding animals, changing bedding for animals, washing cages, etc.)
- Order and maintain stocks and inventory of chemicals and supplies necessary for the lab
- Maintain and operate the aerosol jet printer, parylene C deposition system and the plasma cleaner
- Maintain a scheduling system for equipment usage
- Perform similar functions to assist GNC as time permits and/or as directed by supervisor
- Support research activities and researchers at GNC
- Mentor and work with interns at FHC, GNC and Thiel
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
General knowledge about experiment design, maintain meticulous records, basic computer skills, familiarity with CAD is desirable, experience with animal surgery and handling desirable, willingness to learn and work with an extraordinary group of people.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BS in neuroscience, biology, chemistry or other related field
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
None at this time.
Fluency in verbal and written English. Other languages beneficial but not required.
Good general math skills required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.