This position will be responsible for dealing with break/fix issues, setting up workstations and software, some user training, maintaining infrastructure and applications, and researching and implementing new technology
Job Title: IT Systems Support Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: IT Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: LV/CS
Prepared Date: September 1, 2017
Approved By: MYC
Approved Date: September 7, 2017
The overall function of this position is to provide Tier I and II support for various hardware, application, and infrastructure issues. Under minor guidance from the IT Manager, this position will be responsible for dealing with break/fix issues, setting up workstations and software, some user training, maintaining infrastructure and applications, and researching and implementing new technology.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Other duties may be assigned.
· Ensure training for users in all departments.
· Compose work instructions/SOPs where necessary for IT systems.
· Prioritize and troubleshoot any hardware, application or infrastructure issues that arise.
· Manage system upgrades in conjunction with vendors and communicate to users any system changes.
· Monitor systems usage/efficiency and recommend changes to management as required.
· Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Administer MS Active Directory, Exchange, and Citrix XenApp
- Order and configure new workstations
- Monitor network performance, make configuration changes as requested.
- Coordinate as needed with contractors.
· Maintain an asset inventory.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Knowledge of Internet and intranet systems capabilities.
· Understanding of current business systems and Network applications/solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude in paying close attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze issues and develop corrective and preventive actions that address the root cause.
- Ability to work with others of varied backgrounds and skill sets and assign tasks accordingly.
- Ability to teach others of varied backgrounds to successfully learn skills and follow procedures.
· Administer Cisco switches and routers.
· Administer VMWare virtual servers.
· SQL knowledge a plus
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft platforms (Server, Exchange, Active Directory, SharePoint, Windows 7 and 10)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a two-year certification or associate degree program in Information Technology, Computer Science Technology, or equivalent experience. Four year degree preferred.
· 3-5 years of work experience in IT.
- Familiarity with ISO/FDA standards is a plus.
- Experience with projects of low to medium complexity.
SALARY RANGE: This position has a salary range of $50,000-$65,000 commensurate with skill set and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: (Experience may out-weigh these requirements)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.
May need to be available occasionally during off-business hours for critical Information Systems support and maintenance.
Occasional out of state travel, to satellite sites or vendor/consultant offices, may be necessary.