Building or updating deep brain stimulation (DBS) expertise? GNC courses develop knowledge, skills and proficiency.
Attend one or more of the upcoming course modules being held October 3-10, 2016 (course offered again May 8-15, 2017):
This hands-on course is designed to improve DBS surgical techniques for optimal lead placement, including: image-based navigation, microelectrode recording and stimulation, and DBS lead test stimulation. From understanding the challenges to identifying the optimal target, the course covers principles of electricity, electronics, neuroelectrophysiology, intraoperative clinical assessment and regional anatomy. Cases illustrate the application of practical approaches and principles to DBS targeting.
- Appropriate for neurologists, neurosurgeons, residents, fellows, nurses, support team members & other industry professionals
- Scholarships are available for residents, graduate students, fellows, or those who have completed a residency, fellowship, or graduate degree in the last two years
- A full course outline is available
- Faculty: Erwin B. Montgomery, Jr., MD, Medical Director, Greenville Neuromodulation Center
- All participants of the intensive course will receive a copy of Dr. Erwin B. Montgomery Jr.'s Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring for Deep Brain Stimulation: Principles, Practice and Cases, Oxford University Press, 2014
- GNC is located in Greenville, PA, a 90-minute drive from Pittsburgh or Cleveland airports
- For more information or to register call 724-588-1324 or e-mail email@example.com.