The individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to all staff in a humble, walk around, anxious to learn and help style; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
Directs and coordinates activities of the product production process in conformance with Quality Procedures and Safety Regulations. The individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to all staff in a humble, walk around, anxious to learn and help style; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and oversees the product production process.
- Directs Production’s activities in working with Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Engineering to investigate, problem solve, and correct product quality issues in a timely fashion.
- Oversees and enforces in-process quality control throughout the entire production process.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for identifying products during all stages of production including when products pass from one production area to another.
- Monitors completion of jobs according to plan provided by Materials Management and prioritizes jobs on a daily and weekly basis in order to ensure clear expectations for production personnel.
- Ensures adequate trained staffing to complete jobs as issued, including development and support of a cross training program to ensure uninterrupted flow of product during staffing turnover or vacations.
- Ensures production personnel adhere to all relevant Quality system procedures including those regarding proper attire for the production area and proper safety protocols.
- Addresses personnel and performance issues (positive and negative) using positive professional communication strategies. Reports issues to the Director of Operations and/or HR along with proposed action plan for resolving the issues.
- Resolves worker grievances, involving Human Resources with those that cannot be resolved at lower levels. Makes confident and convicted decisions regarding procedures, process and personnel.
- Performs yearly and semi-annual reviews for personnel.
- Prioritizes safety and wellness with staff and assists with corrective actions for incidents.
- Develops subordinates through planning, coaching, goal-setting, training and development.
- Investigates and implements production processes that are effective, efficient and result in cost-reductions while providing consistent products that are of the specified quality.
- Identifies and supports continuous improvement initiatives in production via observation and analysis of current methods and processes.
- Develops and/or revises standard operational and working procedures and observes workers to ensure training and compliance with standards in accordance with quality system procedures and instructions as well as to ensure cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Recommends and develops plans for production department purchase requirements, space needs, staffing and budget.
- Supports new product introductions in the product development process.
- Participates in risk management, failure analysis, quality plans, and investigation of non-conforming materials, process validation and audit activities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
- Position requires willingness to work a demanding, flexible schedule with frequent extra effort.
- Supervises all production personnel including the areas of Electrodes, Devices, Machine Shop, Inspection and Repairs.
- Conducts quality performance reviews annually and semi-annually.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in manufacturing systems.
- Ability to read and understand prints.
- Knowledge of machine shop equipment and processes.
- Knowledge of inventory control and purchasing techniques.
- Computer literate with Windows operation systems, Word, Excel, and ability to quickly learn company specific software.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in the sciences (engineering preferred) from an accredited technical or liberal arts institution or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years experience in manufacturing (medical device manufacturing preferred).
- 2-3 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing tools, statistical process control (SPC) techniques, sampling plan theory and statistical methods, and ISO/FDA standards a plus.
- Familiarity with ERP systems a plus.
English required, other languages a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Lean and six sigma training preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.