FHC currently has an opening for an Embedded Firmware and Electronics Engineer to assume responsibility for sustaining engineering of FHC’s electro-mechanical and electrophysiological clinical and research systems.
Join us in our exciting business of changing peoples' lives every day. FHC designs, manufactures and internationally markets trusted products that provide customizable solutions for neuroscientists and neurosurgeons as they work across the globe. Join a close-knit team of almost 100 FHCers in Bowdoin, ME; Greenville, PA; Medellin, Colombia and Bucharest, Romania that manufacture products for Deep Brain Stimulation for treatment of Parkinson's Disease and other neurological disorders.
FHC is looking for a candidate who is truly passionate about electronics and embedded design to join our dedicated medical device product development team. The Embedded Firmware and Electronics Engineer will help cultivate and sustain FHC’s electro-mechanical and electrophysiological clinical and research systems. The perfect candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. Come be part of the ever expanding and technologically advanced medical device industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, simulate, test, and document FPGA architecture on Xilinx hardware.
- Ability to troubleshoot mixed signal circuitry and electro-mechanical systems down to the component level.
- Working knowledge of C/C++ embedded firmware code.
- Familiarity with schematic capture and PCB layout and CAD software.
- Create BOMs and prints to facilitate manufacture of circuit boards.
- Ability to source replacement electronic components due to obsolescence.
- Interface with external circuit board manufacturers.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored or other community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
None at this time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelors Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering Technology.
- A minimum of 1-4 years experience. Medical device design experience is a plus.
Fluent in speaking and writing in English. Additional languages beneficial
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS ANND REASONING ABILITY:
Solid understanding of higher math including calculus and trigonometry, strong scientific aptitude.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.
Professional, tobacco free work environment with a Fitness Center and a Children's Center onsite, FHC is a growing manufacturing company completely committed to remaining a Maine-based business. Comprehensive benefits include health, dental, life, STD, LTD; 15 days Paid Time Off, Profit Sharing, paid community service time and 5% match 401(k).
$55,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year based on experience
This position is at FHC's Corporate Headquarters in Bowdoin, Maine.