This position is responsible for selling opportunities through product demonstrations and direct interactions with customers and market partners
Job Title: Customer Development Technician
Department: Sales (15)
Location: Bowdoin, Maine
Reports To: Regional Development Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: August 2016
Prepared by: M.Hillery
Approved By: M.Hillery
Approved Date: 8/23/16
SUMMARY: The Customer Development Technician (CDT) is responsible for all aspects of Procedural and Technical Support and will also engage in Selling Opportunities through product demonstrations and direct interactions with customers and market partners. This position will participate actively in onsite training for physicians and technical people, tradeshows and special events. This position requires thorough knowledge of FHCs clinical and research equipment. This position requires frequent travel in order to provide customer service and meet the technical and training needs of FHC’s customers. This position also is responsible for growing both research and clinical revenue profitably (goal as mutually determined by your supervisor), within the territory He/she will be assigned through the execution of an established and comprehensive marketing and sales plan. He/she is responsible for identifying, establishing and maintaining communication with research and clinical customers and contacts in their assigned region. The CDT will be expected to utilize presentations and demonstrations linked with interpersonal selling skills and marketing tools to achieve company defined revenue, product and project objectives. It is expected that the CDT is a product expert to the level of being able to guide product use and attend and support surgical cases. The CDT will be responsible for administration, maintenance and accuracy of market, customer and contact information through a CRM system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
· Provide FHC and other assigned research or clinical manufacturers (clients) with technical support, training, and repair services.
· Work with clients and sales personnel for demonstrations and product issue resolution.
· Provide product analysis and research input from clients to Marketing functions.
· Work on assigned training and product development projects.
· Teaching and training of products and systems to hospital personnel and course attendees.
- Coordinate with the Regional development Manager (RDM) to develop and execute on a specific regional sales and marketing plan, product launches, collaboration initiatives and research and clinical sales strategies each year.
- Meet with potential customers, establish rapport, provide necessary product demonstrations/presentations, and successfully negotiate and close sales as identified in regional planning.
- Support balanced sales and marketing efforts to both research and clinical opportunities.
- Monitor, report and act on competitive activities and information
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers, contacts and key strategic partners.
- Assist in establishing FHC as “the” Neural MicroTargeting Worldwide support company by assisting in coaching and training of products and processes based on personal experience and/or education.
- Represent the company at trade shows and special events to promote products
- Forecast, and control expenditures to conform to fiscal year sales and expense budgets.
- Prepare periodic sales reports indicating potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Daily reporting that includes:
- Collect, maintain and document customer contact and partner information, opportunities, and next actions daily in the CRM system.
- Any relevant QSF85 (Field Service Reports)
- Daily submission of performance and activity metric report.
- Participation in the Daily Sales and Support Team Stand-up
- Schedule and participate in a Weekly One on One with the RDM
- Be organized and be able to network and negotiate.
- Promote and maintain a strong working relationship and contact with associated co-marketing alliances
- Be self-directed and flexible to work evenings and weekends.
· Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
· Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
· Work with appropriate technology development personnel to develop technical procedural support documents.
· Attends and supports sales and technical services at exhibitions, seminars, and other marketing venues.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
None at this time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Willingness to travel when expected
· Scientific mind
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Customer oriented
· High energy
· Communications skills, written, verbal, and telephone
· Analytical skills
· Computer (PC) literate
· Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings and with a variety of personalities and job positions.
· The ability to deal and work effectively within stressful situations
· Mechanical aptitude and the ability to work with complex electronic equipment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree or equivalent, preferably in Bio or Electronic Engineering or Life Sciences
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of sales techniques and financial principles. Have the ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form with internal and external customers. Fluency in verbal and written English is essential. Additional language verbal/written skills are beneficial but not required.
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Upon hire employee will be required to complete a minimum of the following:
Vendor certifications specific to hospital requests this may include, but are not limited to security clearance, drug testing, medical clearance, up to date medical and vaccination records, and written testing of operating room protocol
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Individual must be able to travel via multiple modes of transportation including airplanes, automobiles, busses, trains, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate. Travel is a requirement and the travel environment may fluctuate geographically and environmentally.
After an initial training period in Greenville, PA position could possibly relocate to Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA; Portland, OR; or Portland, ME based on business needs.