Job Title: Community Services Technician
Department: Cathance Community Services Group
Reports To: Cathance Services Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
SUMMARY: The Community Services Technician position is responsible for professional administrative and office support for FHC and the Cathance Community Services Department and programs. This position is responsible for being a helpful professional interface for FHC with internal and external customers. This position will learn to professionally answer multiline line telephone and direct incoming calls to appropriate contacts. This position will work under the direction of Cathance Services Manager to effectively manage diverse and varied office administrative functions, events coordination and execution duties, and will remain prepared to accept new and/or changing responsibilities as the Cathance Community Services Group continues to grow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as primary backup to the telephone and visitor receptionist role.
- Become proficient with multi-line computer-based phone system and be able to answer and efficiently direct incoming calls while providing exceptional customer service.
- Greet walk-in visitors and have them sign-in upon arrival and out upon departure as well as provide them with a security badge or an escort into the building if necessary.
- Monitor Pegboard several times daily and ensure current status of FHCers. Have up-to-date knowledge of the whereabouts of those receiving frequent calls (i.e. Inside Sales, GNS Technical and Sales Support, etc).
- Provide callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, fax numbers, company website, and other related information
- Assist the CSM and the Community Services Assistant with organizing key internal/external community events such as the United Way Campaign, Red Cross blood drives, the Giving Tree, FHC’s annual recognition dinner, the company picnic, and others as directed.
- Assist customers and prospective customers by providing enrollment and membership information, taking payments and processing them as directed.
- Remain prepared to accept new and/or changing responsibilities as the Cathance Community Services Group continues to grow.
- Assist CSM and Wellness Team to execute an annual wellness program, including planning and organizing health education events and Flu Shot Clinic
- Assist in facilitating wellness events and opportunities throughout the year.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Professional business appearance and presentation
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree in Office or Business Management or equivalent experience in an office environment.
Fluent use of verbal and written English required.
Able to make change accurately, tally headcounts, operate a calculator.
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED: Proficiency working in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Publisher)
Must respond logically in all situations using cognitive and analytical reasoning.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
None at this time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.